We are looking for a qualified School Social Worker to directly support the mission of Statesmen College Preparatory Academy for Boys by supporting the psychological, social, and emotional needs of our boys, designing and implementing programming that supports strong relational bonds – student to student and student to staff - ultimately resulting in improved outcomes for students. The leadership of the school must maintain a laser-like focus on creating and maintaining a College-Going Academic School Culture of Efficacy. With high-quality academic instruction and the social-emotional welfare of our adult and young scholars as the primary focus.
The person best suited for this role is a passionate, committed, resilient, focused, self-aware, mature, mission-aligned professional who embodies the personal and professional efficacy necessary to carry this work forward. Statesmen is not a place to work. More than that, it is a place to live out a mission, a calling, a design for impact, and a desire for a legacy.
Salary range- $57,500 to $85,000
The link to the full job description is included below.
- Design and deliver high-quality and effective counseling sessions and services for individual students and small student groups.
- Design and execute high-quality sessions for large groups – students, teachers, parents, and community members.
- Lead in crisis intervention.
- Liaise with Senior Leadership to design, plan and execute day-to-day operational support of student recruitment, enrollment, retention, and attendance.
- Execute the monitoring and reporting on all data sources appropriate to the role.
- Serve on the Student Support Services Team and support all schoolwide efforts to execute a safe school environment.
- Support the long-term monitoring and support of Statesmen alumni through to the completion of college.
- Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited college or university.
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW).
- Ability to learn the student information system (eSchoolPlus).
- Familiarity with District of Columbia Municipal Regulations and other relevant resources.
- Ability to analyze data to inform work and decision making, analyze and evaluate available data, assess student needs, and develop and implement procedures and policies to support student achievement.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (or a qualified exemption).
Statesmen College Preparatory Academy for Boys PCS seeks diversity in its student/parent body, faculty, Board of Trustees, staff, and administration. While Statesmen Academy for Boys is a single-gender academy, it is an organization deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Therefore, the organization's policy and commitment are not to make employment decisions based on race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other personal or professional status.
Statesmen College Preparatory Academy for Boys PCS employs only United States citizens and those non-US citizens authorized to work in the United States in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Each new employee must complete the Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 and present documentation establishing identity and employment eligibility as a condition of employment. Former employees who are rehired must also complete the form if they have not completed an I-9 with Statesmen Academy within the past three years or if their previous I-9 is no longer retained or valid.