We are looking for a qualified Director of Development to directly support the mission of Statesmen College Preparatory Academy for Boys by developing and executing a strategic plan to raise the vital resources necessary to support the established goals of the school charter.
The person best suited for this role is an outstanding communicator and relationship builder with an intense orientation to detail. This person will have exceptional influential leadership capacity. You will be an organizer and self-starter with a heart for people and a demonstrated ability to work well on a team. You will be inspired by the people, the vision, and the mission of Statesmen Academy and savvy in your ability to connect elements of the Statesmen story to priority potential supporters. The best candidates will have an advanced degree, established writing credentials, and a track record of securing and overseeing grants of all sizes within the public and private sector.
The link to the full job description is included below. If you are viewing this listing on a partner site, please visit www.statesmenboys.org/careers for full job descriptions.
- Identify, pursue and procure federal, state, local, public, and private grants wherever Statesmen is matched to the priorities and criteria established by each source - competitive, formula, and continuation grants.
- Oversee, monitor, evaluate and report out on each grant against its established milestones.
- Coordinate all school efforts to establish a strong brand with marketing and messaging to educate and inspire the public about the work of Statesmen.
- Coordinate community events, activities, and media engagements that create opportunities to share the work and outcomes of the organization.
- Liaise with Senior Leadership to develop an organization-wide strategic plan to support the vision and mission as established within the school charter.
- Serve on the Senior Leadership Team and support all schoolwide efforts to implement the school plan as established in the approved charter.
- Develop and oversee our annual fundraising program.
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors.
- Research donor relation programs at local, state, and federal art institutions.
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders.
- Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions.
- Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with our advertising department.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field
- 8+ years fundraising experience
- Foundation relationship and grant writing experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills