We are looking for a qualified Student Support Specialist to directly support the mission of Statesmen College Preparatory Academy for Boys by ensuring that the Statesmen vision of high-quality instruction is taking place within the classroom daily with a special focus on increasing access and engagement for the scholars in our Special Education or ELL program. Using vetted and evidence-based methodology appropriate to the specific disability or language barrier, our Student Support Specialists work with a team of education professionals to guarantee greater engagement and success for students with whom they work closely.
The person best suited for this role is a learning-oriented and inspirational teacher with a desire to impact the overall academic experience of underserved students. You will be an effectual and high performing teacher looking to expand your knowledge and practice within the classroom. The best candidates will have an advanced degree and a track record of creating high levels of academic growth within populations of students with significant potential and limited experience of prior academic success.
The link to the full job description is included below.
- Build and leverage strong relationships in the service of outcomes for children.
- Create Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) for a caseload of students.
- Provide highly engaging and rigorous standards-aligned instruction, differentiated based on the needs of students.
- Coordinate with parents, teachers, administrators, and Aides to schedule regular meetings to discuss the progress of the students on your caseload.
- Provide a safe and positive learning environment for the students.
- Attend school meetings about curriculum and guidelines.
- Monitor students’ performances and gauge their abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education or an aligned field of study.
- Understanding of teaching practices and educational guidelines aligned to Common Core State Standards.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (or a qualified exemption).