We are looking for a qualified teacher to directly support the mission of Statesmen College Preparatory Academy for Boys by ensuring that the Statesmen vision of high-quality instruction is taking place within the classroom daily. Whether the content is ELA, Math, Non-fiction Science or Social Studies, The Arts or PE/Health, lead teachers synthesize rigorous curriculum and Statesmen Strategy to create a highly engaging academic experience.
The person best suited for this role is a learning-oriented and inspirational teacher with a desire to impact the overall academic experience of underserved students. You will be an effectual and high performing teacher looking to expand your knowledge and practice within the classroom. The best candidates will have an advanced degree and a track record of creating high levels of academic growth within populations of students with significant potential and limited experience of prior academic success.
The link to the full job description is included below.
- Build and leverage strong relationships in the service of outcomes for children.
- Create lesson plans that meet established school curriculum models.
- Provide highly engaging and rigorous standards-aligned instruction, differentiated for students at various levels of proficiency.
- Coordinate with parents and schedule regular meetings to discuss the progress of the students.
- Provide a safe and positive learning environment for the students.
- Attend school meetings about curriculum and guidelines.
- Monitor students’ performances and gauge their abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or an aligned field of study.
- Understanding of teaching practices and educational guidelines aligned to Common Core State Standards.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.